Spacer

All compositions are the sole property of the author and cannot be duplicated, reprinted, modified, published, stored, encoded, broadcasted, performed, posted, transmitted, exhibited, adapted, or used, etc. in any way without permission. The author reserves all moral, legal and intellectual property rights ©

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Oklahoma 1929 - 1940



I have outlined a book I will work on over next winter and spring 2014 relating to life in Oklahoma during the Great Depression and Dust Bowl era. My grandparents, father and uncles & aunts lived through those horrendously troubled times until abandoning the farm to move to Oregon and finally settling in California.

My father (seated on the '27 Model-T next to my grandfather) had to begin helping around the Oklahoma farm at around age 7 - learning to work farm equipment, feed livestock and irrigate crops. It was 49 years ago this summer, when I was 10, that my father took me out to start working in the construction trade during summers, vacation days and weekends. Those types of work ethics may not even exist today?
 

No comments: