Spacer

All compositions are the sole property of the author and cannot be duplicated, reprinted, modified, published, stored, encoded, broadcasted, performed, posted, transmitted, exhibited, adapted, or used, etc. in any way without permission. The author reserves all moral, legal and intellectual property rights ©

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Fodder for writing hotel scene details?






From actual posted comments from one of the Dirtiest Hotels - United States:






The phone book part is as picturesque as the descriptions related to reception desk staff. The last comment may be related to the first one, ha, ha.



Way Below Ghetto: This place appeared to house a bunch of folks who just got out of prison.
Not towels, no hair dryer, dirty everywhere and cigarette butts in the hallway.



Got to my room, and there were no pillows or towels, so I called the front desk to ask for them. A man dressed in jeans and a t-shirt holding a soda showed up to my door and pointed to get the pillows and towels on the cart he brought and told me to get them. They were dirty. The sheets were dirty. The floor was wet.



Don't waste your time or money. I should have read the reviews first! This place is filthy. The carpets are sticky, the bathrooms are nasty and both lights blew out during the night. When I reported to the clerk she just nodded and took the card key back. 



Disgusting- Never again! My room had no air/no heat. My windows didn't open. The Amtrak ran all night and with every passing train there was a whistle that blew. In my students room the bed was held up by 3 yellow pages books.


I don't recommend staying there unless you don't mind not sleeping. Constant noise from trains and noise from the parking lot. Front desk not friendly and if you asked them a question. They give you this look that you are bothering them even if you know they are just surfing the internet.


Truly a happy away from home place: I've stayed here before and I will stay again. This place is the friendliest away from home place I have ever visited.



Top 10:

#1 Grand Resort Hotel & Convention Center, Pigeon Forge, TN
#2 Jack London Inn, Oakland, CA
#3 Desert Inn Resort, Daytona Beach, FL
#4 Hotel Carter, New York City, NY
#5 Polynesian Beach & Golf Resort, Myrtle Beach, SC
#6 Atlantic Beach Hotel, Miami Beach, FL
#7 Rodeway Inn, Williamsville, NY
#8 Super 8 Estes Park, near Denver, CO
#9 Palm Grove Hotel and Suites, Virginia Beach, VA
#10 Econo Lodge Newark International Airport, Elizabeth, NJ

No comments: